Monday, December 29, 2014

Chicago Chronicles 12/29/2014

Merry Christmas everyone! :) Calling home was the absolute best present I received this year. I'm so grateful to be able to see and talk to my awesome parents and siblings, it really lifts my spirits and makes me want to work harder! Despite the fact that we had no snow and didn't get to shovel for tons of people like I had wanted, Christmas was stellar because I got to visit with so many families. It started at the Chiarolanzas on Christmas Eve where our investigator John came and we had a Family Home Evening/Nativity of sorts, and Christmas morning we opened packages from home there and had stuffed French toast for breakfast. After that we Skyped home at the McLaws' house, and then visited the Searle family and built Legos with their 8-year-old son Jack. With his father passed away, and with no brothers, Jack hasn't had the chance to do the things he wants to do. I'm glad we could spend some time with him; his family is doing very well. They'll be going on a cruise with extended family this weekend. Our dinner was at the Lloyd's, who had just finished talking to their missionary son Kemish over the phone. Afterwards we visited a few lonely less active members. It was an all-around fantastic day. In other news, our investigator John, someone I've talked about a lot in recent emails, just got baptized on Saturday! Elder Leslie did the baptism, and I played the piano/spoke on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. We had a MUCH better turnout than we had expected, including less-active member Lorenza, our investigator Reed, and John's nonmember roommate. I'm so grateful for this ward's willingness to support and welcome the newest member in. :) I hope you all had a fabulous holiday! Please send my love to everyone who misses me, and even those who don't. ;) Love, - Elder Jared Richardson image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG

No comments: