Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chicago Chronicles 1/12/2014 - ONE YEAR DOWN, ONE TO GO!!‏

From now on I'm not going to count down the months. :) Also, in an effort to try and keep a working attitude, if anyone asks me how long I've been out I'll simply reply, "Over a year." It was a good, cold, long week. We shoveled for a lot of people (yay!), had two meetings, and tried helping loading people's groceries one night in an effort to find new people (but weren't too terribly successful). The wind is insane out here, but we're layering up. While we still have a very small teaching pool, the Lord gives us small tender mercies now and then. One was finally getting in and having dinner with a semi-less active family that I've wanted to visit with since I first got here. Another was having several members call us asking for help on a day that we had very little planned. I'm so grateful for moments like that. :) Another thing I'm very grateful for is the time we're given to study the scriptures. I feel I'm learning so much more than I have in church or seminary. Maybe it's because we learn and teach doctrine 24/7 as missionaries. I love you guys! I hope you're all doing well. I hope this next year will be stellar! - Elder Jared Richardson

No comments: