Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How do you celebrate?


My kids think every holiday needs a celebration. The night before last Betsy asked how we were going to celebrate Martin Luther King Day. I said that I didn't know. In her sweet way she suggested that we invite over a friend that is black. Ken thought it was cute but wondered how they would feel about it. We ended up going to the zoo as a family. Betsy made friends with children of all colors there, so I think she can feel good that King's dream of children playing together despite the color of their skin has come to pass.

2 comments:

Rydgd said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!! I love little kids' perspective on the race issue. My kids all call their little friends of color - BROWN people. So fun...and good celebration!

stephanie said...

That is so cute. I had a FHE on the pioneers--is that bad?