Tuesday, January 6, 2009

carol brady hair

I"m not brave enough to put a picture of me and my new haircut. So this is the next best thing...Carol Brady. This is the second time in the last 7-8 years where I didn't understand what the stylist had in mind for my hair, and I ended up with something similar to this famous 70's Mom. I know I shouldn't want to look like everyone else, but, I don't think I've really ever seen anyone in this decade don this do. It really doesn't help my self esteem to look so outdated. You know when you have a bad hair cut when people at church say "Did you get your haircut?" followed by "Do you like it?" Then there is this awkwardness after I say "no". And of course I got no comment whatsoever from long-hair-loving husband. So I will continue to wallow until a new sylist can camouflage it somehow this Saturday. Any consoling comments welcome...

5 comments:

Rydgd said...

I feel your pain, friend. It never matters what I do - try and explain to the stylist what I want, take a picture in with me, whatever...I was even happy with my last haircut, but I got the same thing at church "do you like it?" and I said yes (for the first time ever!), and there was STILL the awkward silence. So I'm thinking do I feel good, but look really stupid??? We can't win, girl. We just have to learn to love our silly-haired selves! Love ya!

Mirien said...

Oh, Jenni, I'm sorry! I wish you'd post a picture of you, though. I bet it's not as bad as you think. I laughed, though, because I've had Carol Brady hair, too. I just went back and got the back cut shorter and then I liked it much better. Good luck!

Julie said...

I am so sorry! Take comfort in the fact that 99.9% of us have had the same thing happen! When I cut my long hair off, I got stopped by so many people at church with,"Oh...you cut your beautiful hair." Some even said, "Well it will grow back!" I just laughed. I have kept it short! Or at least shorter.

stephanie said...

You beat me to it! You really have to post a picture!

Linley said...

I've left the salon with real tears coming down my cheeks once. My hair looked like Princess Diana's, and no offense to the British monarchy, past or present, but that was not the look I was aiming for!
Miss you friend!