Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adventures with Andy


Andy is in a great preschool twice a week. He is having fun and learning so much. He's learning everything about ancient Egypt right now. I don't know may preschoolers that could tell you about the Nile, pyramids, kings, Egyptian life, and mummies. The other day in his blessing on the food he blessed all the mummies in Egypt and all over the world. I'm sure they were appreciative.

Andy's preschool teacher referred Andy to a speech evaluation. After several tests he was rated as only 58% intelligable. Poor guy. It is condsidered severe, so he will have speech thearpy twice a week for 30 min. at our elementary school. They hope within a year to get him to 90% intelligibility.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I guess what he's learning is sinking in! Thanks for the update on his speech testing.

A Momma said...

That is cute that he prayed for the mummies. Kids are so funny. Hope his speech therapy will work out well for him. I teach CTR5 and there are 2 twin boys in my class that I cannot understand which can be frustrating for both me and them. Hopefully it will help Andy to feel more understood.