Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Are you having anymore?

If I had a dime for everytime someone commented on my large family, I would be rich. I have 5 children which in some areas of the country is considered very large. Others look at me like I am a freak sometimes. In my Mom's club I am known as the one with all the kids. Most mothers in the club have one or two and get overwhelmed everytime they come in contact with me it seems. Most of the replys I get are, "You've got your hands full!" with an aire of "I'm glad it's not me!" It always surprises me when complete strangers ask of my reproductive choices. They ask if I'm having anymore, with a look of "I will rest easier to know that you are not going to overpopulate the world!" Even members of my own faith who believe that procreation is a blessing, question me this same way. I am always put in that awkward position of explaining my past and future personal decisions. My choice of reply lately is, "We haven't made a permanent decision yet". So there you have it.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

That's funny. I did get the opposite reaction from usual at Krisi's wedding when that girl, Betsy, said "you guys make beautiful children. you need to have more!" Not that I want to hear that, but it was refreshing for a change.

Linley said...

I love my friend Jenni! You look so beautiful in your picture! What a babe! OK, now for my comment, now that number three is on the way people have started to ask me if this is it, with that same condesending tone that you were referring to. I like to see the startled expression on their faces when I reply, "We're just getting started!" They usually don't know me well enough to know I'm having fun at their expense.