Thursday, May 7, 2015

Chicago chronicles

So, transfer calls just happened, and I found out I will be training a new missionary again. Elder Lewis will be serving up in Buffalo Grove. I'll miss him a lot - he was a great companion and really helped me make the transition into the city more smooth than I could have asked for! I can't wait to see him later on in the mission in the other areas he serves in. As for training, I'm excited and nervous to do it once again! But I know the Lord will help us out. Also, we'll have a car once again starting Tuesday, so that will be a blessing for sure. ;) Elder Lewis and I saw some great miracles this week, and I think I know why. He and I have started a "40 day fast", where we fast from little things that may poke at the Spirit. Each night we report to God how we did on our list of things, and each morning we ask for His help in fasting from those things that day. It has really helped us slowly become more consecrated and change our desires, and I'm so grateful for the blessings we've seen from it. This week we did our contacting activity, which was a lemonade stand at the "L" Train Roosevelt stop. It wasn't as warm out as we were hoping, but we did manage to talk to a number of people who took materials or signed our "We will pray for you" poster. To generate attention I also drew out the Plan of Salvation with chalk next to our stand. Overall it was a great experience, and even though we didn't see as many people as we had hoped, we still learned from the activity and got to send off a few referrals. In other news, Alijiah got baptized! Her entire inactive/part member family attended, and it was a great service. Even though it was a ward baptism and not an investigator baptism, I'm still grateful to have been a part of it and also to be the one to confirm her. After it was over her grandmother told me she wants to start coming back to church eventually, so that was also cool to hear. :) I hope everyone's doing okay at home! Let me know if there are any specific things I can pray and fast for this Sunday, as I ask you to do the same for me. Love, -Elder Jared Richardson image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG

No comments: