Monday, October 6, 2014

"Buenos Dias!" -D. Todd Christofferson General Conference was excellent! I received a lot of answers to the questions I had written down before and during the sessions, and I am definitely going to enjoy studying the talks in the coming weeks. We watched one session at a less-active member's home (who actually took some notes, which was really cool to see!) and we also watched a session with Karlie, who was baptized last week. My favorite talks in particular were Lynne G. Robbins, Jörg Klebingat, and President Uchtdorf (especially his Priesthood session talk). It was also really cool to see Elder Hamula of the 70 talk Sunday morning, after seeing him in person just a few short weeks ago. What wereYOUR favorite talks? The other highlight of this week was going with Karlie and the McLaws family into the temple to perform baptisms for the dead. It was a great experience for her, as much as it was for Elder Miller and I, who got to be witnesses and perform confirmations. Being a Melchizedek Priesthood holder is a great privilege - one that I will always cherish. Speaking of baptisms, this week I will be heading back to Hebron for a day with Elder Potter to go to Scotty's baptism, the last of the Decheske's family to be baptized. Scotty has actually asked me to be the one to baptize him, which I feel really honored. It's going to be a great week. :) And I hope it'll be great for all of you as well! Love, - Elder Jared Richardson

No comments: